Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Everything Happens for a Reason

So, I mentioned yesterday that I would be returning to an old job. There are a couple of new people in our department and they all seem nice. I was telling my hubby about one particular lady that is working with the company now. Strange thing is that she used to work for the company a few years back before I was even there. She left to go to another company and after they laid her off, she decided to return to our current company. I talked to her briefly, here and there, small talk and she mentioned how she has a very hectic schedule especially since she has two young kids (ages 8 and 5). I was a little shocked because she looked a little older (early 50 to mid 50s?) It turns out that she had her first child when she was about 40. She asked me if I had kids and I told her I was married but no kids yet. She started to talk about how her husband and her tried for 10 years before becoming pregnant. She said they did all types of infertility treatments and finally when they were getting ready to give up, she found out she was pregnant. She also said during the time she and her husband were trying, she had so much fun with just the two of them as a couple.

I really tripped out. I couldn't help but think that God was showing me something. I've felt lost...like I had no one around me that could relate. Then here is this person that I am going to be working closely with that has been through it all. I feel comforted in a way. Maybe now, when I have questions or when things arise that's infertility related, I can ask her and hear about her experiences. I honestly feel like God is shedding hope and light on this hard time. I feel like finding my way back to this job and company really had reason. It's actually kind of cool. =)

1 comment:

  1. that is wonderful you have someone that will be close to you with insight as to what you will be going through!!

    ReplyDelete